- Step 1. Loading the Speech Recognition Control.
- Step 2. Explanation of the Speech Recognition Settings.
- Step 3. Speech Confidence Levels.
- Step 4. Setting up your microphone.
- Step 5. Windows Speech Recognition Training.
- Step 6. Changing language for Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Step 7. Pausing and Unpausing Speech Recognition.
- Step 8. Example Script for using Speech Recognition.
- Step 9. Additional information on getting the best out of Speech Recognition.
Speech recognition tutorial
Speech recognition is becoming a very popular way to control robots. This tutorial will explain the EZ-Builder speech recognition control in detail, and go through the the steps of how to set it up. It will also include further information such as explaining the controls, training Windows Speech Recognition, and general information on using speech recognition successfully.
This tutorial uses the following controls:
Step 1. Loading the Speech Recognition Control.
This entire tutorial accompanies the tutorial found here, but will go in to detail showing ways of how to use the speech recognition control, along with working examples that you can try.
To get started, we first need to add the "Speech Recognition Control" to your EZ-Builder project.
1.) On your computer, load up the most recent release of the EZ Builder software.
2.) Click on the "Project" tab from the EZ-Builder menu ribbon.
3.) Now click on the "Add Controls" tab.
4.) Select the "Audio" category tab and then click on the "Speech Recognition" icon to add this control to your EZ Builder project.
The next step will explain the what each command setting in the "Speech Recognition Control" does.