How To Add This Control To Your Project
- Load the most recent release of EZ-Builder
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar of EZ-Builder
- Press Add Control from the button ribbon bar of EZ-Builder
icon to add the control to your project
Controls the movement of a continuous servo. Unlike a movement panel, this control is independent.
You may select the speed of the continuous servo by the drop down in the configuration menu. Not all servos support speeds.
A continuous rotation servo is great for moving your robot. We attach the wheels of the robot to the continuous rotation servos rather than using a DC motor.
Different than a Standard Servo, a continuous servo has its internals changed to allow continuous 360 degree rotation. Two parts are removed from a standard servo to create a continuous rotation servo.
- Stopper: If you attempt to rotate a standard servo further than 180 degrees, the spindle will stop. That is due to a stopper built onto the gear within the servo. The continuous servo has that stopper removed.
- Potentiometer: The potentiometer in a standard servo records the position of the spindle. A potentiometer can only turn the rotation degrees of the spindle by the stopper. When this peice is removed, the circuit does not know the position
of the potentiometer and therefore you remove the ability to specify positions.
Rather than using DC Motors for wheels, a continuous servo provides you with greater speed rotation accuracy.
Due to the variety of servo attachments, continuous servos make great movement motors for wheels and tractor treads.
View the Standard Servo Tutorial for techncial details of how servos work.