Start by adding the Admin Toolbox plugin to your project:
The plugin control window is empty nothing is done here, all the fun is in the new Admin tab.
Default status: Project is Unlocked, and EZ-Builder application mode is no full screen
The default lock/unlock's password is admin
A password is required to lock or unlock the project
The default Full screen mode's password is password
Changing lock password
Changing full screen password.
*) Both passwords can be changed in a single step.
Once you change the lock password the icon changes. It's a simple visual sign.
Full Screen/Demo Mode
1) The idea is to force the user to stay inside the EZ-Builder.
2) You can't Exit, Save Project, Load Project, New Project
3) You can't switch to other windows applications
4) No relation with lock mode, although is a good idea to activate the lock mode.
The window tab is disabled.
Accounts Settings is disabled.
File operations are ... disabled too.
If you are tired of full screen and you know the password.
1) Adding or removing restrictions are allowed
2) To add/remove a restriction: press: CTRL + mouse right button
2) Some visual controls do not support restrictions
The default view shows the control is free (no restriction).
The control has been marked as disabled.
The control has been marked as hidden.
1) No restriction changes.
2) Restrictions are applied.
3) Existent controls before the lock cannot be removed.
4) Add/remove new controls are allowed.
5) Lock status is saved with the project.
6) If you save a locked project, when you load the project will be in locked mode.
When in lock mode the control is not visible.
The plugin subscribes events in all controls available in your project to receive the notifications regarding close, focus, mouse etc.
As a result there are some overhead during load and close the project.
No impact on execution performance.
Feedback, ideas or nice postcards are welcome !
It was a fun weekend journey "hacking" EZ-Builder to support these features.
I hope you can enjoy the plugin.
**** Version 2 (6/15/2017) ****
Added a new option "Restrictions"
Lists all the configured restrictions, allows deleted of selected restrictions.
disable restriction support for GridView's rows.
The context menu uses the GridView's Row Index and Column Index to configure/apply the restriction.
Is also important to disable any buttons that could be used to change Gridview's rows order (Row Index).