I'm 3D printing an R2-Q5 imperial droid and using the EZ-b4 as the brains. I'm still working on the body and need the rest of the lights for the dome, which I have assembled and painted.
Here is some stuff from my build log showcasing the Ez-b so far!
I'm running the droid off of a Ryobi 18v battery, which I might add a second one in later and I'm using a buck converter to run the EZ-b at 7.4 volts. I'm using cheap hobby servo
s for the panels and I have the little buck converters someone here recommended ebay buck converters
to run the servo
s at 5v. They will take the 7 volts max, but I don't want to chance it. I'm using the servo
s that came with the developers kit for heavier applications and the camera up and down motion.
I put the camera in the dome, I printed a test panel to test placement, the put it in my dome.
I put the continous rotational servo
with wheel in the body to see how it spins the lazy susan and it worked well, I just have to test it with the dome on it when I'm done finishing up the body
I also tested out the sound servo
I just picked up the 18 RGB LED Block to use in the magic panel and it works good, since it's used for eyes, I'm missing a row of lights, if I put in a light diffuser, it might look better. I took it out of the case, printes some plugs that will glue to the inside of the dome to hold them in place.
And a video test of the lights
This droid has a canon in one of the panels, you might see part of it in the picture of the inside of the dome, I have a servo
that moves it in and out , plus I have a script that opens the panel, the canon slides out, jerks back and makes a blaster sound. It's catching on the opening so I have to tweak it, then I'll have a video of it. I have a script of the holoprojectors randomly moving around and one of the droid making different random chirps and beeps.
I have scripts that open and close the different panels. And I have 3 different LEDs in the holoprojectors on three ports that turn on and off.
This is about how far I've gotten.